Sunday, May 14, 2006

about your Article in www.hs.fi

----- Original Message -----

From: "Nalbantoglu Minna"
To: Zoi
Sent: ?????, 9 ????? 2006 11:05 ??

Subject: RE: about your Article in www.hs.fi

Dear Zoi,

thank you so much for your kind e-mail! It was such a happy and joyful
surprise for me to hear that I have a sympathetic reader in Kavala, Greece.
I agree absolutely with you: all the Balkan people have same blood in them.

My grandmother's grandparents came from Kavala to Izmir in early 1900s
already before the interchange of population. Their family name was
Karag?zoglu. My grandmother's grandmother's name was G?l and his husband was
Seit. He founded a tobacco factory in Izmir. They had so dear memories from
their home town in Greece that they named their house after Kavala. The
"Kavala house" is still standing.

I wish you all the best.

Minna Nalbantoglu

________________________________

From: Zoi
Sent: Sun 5/7/2006 4:29 PM
To: Nalbantoglu Minna
Subject: about your Article in www.hs.fi

I' ve read your story Minna
http://www.hs.fi/english/article/COMMENTARY+Danube+connections/1135219742704
I would like to learn about your grandfathers' that live in kavala story.
We got lastnames in Kavala as yours.. Nalbantis...etc
In the early 1900s people changed their last names from the ottoman ones
they used inside turkey and with the interchange of population they got a
Greek identity.
After the Disaster of Ismir (Smyrni) my grandparents came in Kavala where I
am writting to you from.
I feel a proud Greek and a proud European. I believe that all people of the
Balkans have the same blood in them.
So my balkan sister keep up this good job to keep history running.
Tc
Zoi

No comments:

Zoitsa the Gaian